- To assist in ensuring that you get the correct care, diagnosis and treatment, we collect a lot of information about our patients. Most of that information is obtained from the patient (or caregiver in the case of a minor), but on occasion that information may be required from other sources, such as:
- healthcare practitioners, eg, GPs, consultants, hospitals
- other manual therapists, eg, massage therapists, acupuncturists
- insurance companies
- family members
- These records could include:
- medical reports
- details of your accident
- medical history relevant to your claim
- specialist reports, assessments and correspondence
- The Health Information Privacy Code controls how your medical records are handled. Therefore, Marlborough Osteopaths may need your permission to obtain information from the aforementioned sources and they, in turn, should have your permission to release it. In each case, we would only seek records that are or may be relevant to your claim.
Release of Information
- Conversely, the other parties listed may require records from Marlborough Osteopaths. Your information is confidential and the only people who are ordinarily allowed to see your records are those involved in your care at Marlborough Osteopaths. With your permission, your information can be shared with the other parties listed.
Your information will not be released without your permission